In this issue:
- Your Special Offer
- Lawsuit Launched Against Prescription Pet Food Manufacturers
- A Chunk a Day Keeps the Doctor Away?
- Monthly Features
- Treat of the Month
We’d like to be among the first to wish you and yours a peaceful and relaxing start to the New Year!
With the new year comes the start of winter. Whether you have a senior dog or energetic puppy, those canine joints may appreciate a bit of support during the colder winter weather. You can save on some specially selected joint care products this month in whatever form you prefer- chewable tablet, powder or capsules.
You also have the opportunity to pick up a new bag of food at a substantial discount this month. Choose from the collection of “abandoned” special request formulas below at steep 25% savings. If you’ve been pondering a change of food, you’ll want to review the list below. This offer is limited to stock on hand. Most are one of a kind, so order early to avoid disappointment.
YOUR SPECIAL OFFER
Make someone smile with a FREE Gift Certificate
To get you and yours started off on the right paw, why not do a good deed for a friend or neighbor by passing along a FREE $7.77 Gift Certificate?
That neighbor next door or across the way that you wave to each week? Why not surprise them with a $7.77 Gift Certificate to start the new year! It’s yours for the asking at no charge to you.
So go ahead and perform a random act of kindness before getting caught up in the frenzy of the new year. You never know what little extra may show up in your order once your friend uses that Gift Certificate. After all, one good turn deserves another!
Lawsuit Launched Against Prescription Pet Food Manufacturers
A small group of pet parents has filed a class action lawsuit against 4 major manufacturers of prescription pet foods and 2 major veterinary hospital chains.
The lawsuit accuses the companies of illegally representing their products as drugs, price fixing, false representation, antitrust and consumer protection violations.
The defendants in the case include Mars Petcare US, Inc. (“Mars”); Nestle Purina Petcare Company (“Purina”); Hill’s Pet Nutrition, Inc. (“Hill’s”); PetSmart, Inc. (“PetSmart”); Medical Management International, Inc. d/b/a Banfield Pet Hospital (“Banfield Pet Hospital”); and BluePearl Vet, LLC (“Blue Pearl Vet Hospital”).
The list of charges reads like a good television or movie script Read more…
A Chunk a Day Keeps the Doctor Away?
The cost of raw food is often a primary reason many pet parents avoid this healthy approach to feeding their dogs. As the costs of kibble continue to rise, the price difference between raw and other feeding approaches continues to narrow.
With the new Ready for Raw program launching this month, adding raw to your dog’s diet has never been easier or more affordable.
Through a special arrangement with Raw Advantage, you can now save up to 50% on your first six Rock Island Raw deliveries. Your dog will love it and you’ll begin to see changes within a week! Read more…
FEATURES of the MONTH
It’s a new year, and we’re starting off by clearing the decks from “abandoned” special request food bags. If you’ve been thinking about a change of diet, take advantage of this opportunity to save 25% on any of the following bags of high quality kibble.
Pricing is limited to stock on hand, and most of these are one of a kind, so don’t delay if you see something you’d like!
Save 25% on any of the following bags while supplies last:
- 28.6# Acana Pacifica dog– $79.50 (regular $59.63)
- 5# Blue Buffalo Freedom Indoor Kitten– $20.63 (regular $27.50)
- 13# California Natural Lamb & Rice Small Bites dog– $30.56 (regular $40.75)
- 24# Canidae PURE Elements Grain-Free dog– $47.81 (regular $63.75)
- 30# Merrick Classic Beef/ Barley dog– $46.31 (regular $61.75)
- 10# Natural Balance Chicken/ Green Pea cat– $22.88 (regular $30.50)
- 21# Nature’s Variety Instinct Raw Boost Chicken dog– $53.63 (regular $71.50)
- 25# Petcurean Go! Fit + Free dog– $74.50 (regular $55.88)
- 6# Petcurean Go! Sensitivity/ Shine Grain-Free Venison dog– $28.31 (regular $37.75)
- 15# Precise Holistic Complete Small/ Medium Puppy– $35.63 (regular $47.50)
- 24# Solid Gold Sun Dancer dog– $54.38 (regular $72.50)
- 25# Wild Calling Grain-Free Beef dog– $55.13 (regular $73.50)
- 25# Wild Calling Grain-Free Turkey dog– $55.13 (regular $73.50)
- 26# Wellness CORE Original Grain-Free dog– $54.38(regular $72.50)
15% off Joint Support products
- Cetyl-M 120 tabs– $46.50 (reg. $54.75)
- Connectin 650 gram powder– $48.25 (reg. $56.75)
- Glacier Peak Inflapotion 120 capsules– $27.75 (reg. $32.75)
- Glacier Peak Inflapotion 6 oz powder– $24.25 (reg. $28.50)
- Wapiti Labs Senior Mobility trial pack– $5.50 (reg. $6.50)
These bite-sized, chewy grain-free treats are ideal for training or small dogs. They contain just 3 calories each, so feel free to use them liberally!
Ingredients: Peas, Sweet Potatoes, Vegetable Glycerin, Chicken Meal, Cane Molasses, Gelatin, Rabbit, Kale, Chicken Fat (preserved with citric acid and mixed tocopherols), Natural Flavor, Rosemary Extract, Green Tea Extract
6 oz. pouch Regular $8.75 ; now $7.45
Soft, baked grain-free treats in a larger size but still contain just 3 calories each.
Ingredients: Peas, Sweet Potatoes, Vegetable Glycerin, Menhaden Fish Meal, Cane Molasses, Gelatin, Trout, Pomegranate, Chicken Fat (preserved with citric acid and mixed tocopherols), Natural Flavor, Rosemary Extract, Green Tea Extract
6 oz. pouch Regular $8.75 ; now $7.45
TREAT of the MONTH
Zuke’s Hip Action Chicken treats- save 21%
Zuke’s Hip Action treats are chewy, roasted chicken flavored treats which also help support hip and joint function. Each chewy square contains 300mg glucosamine and 50mg chondroitin.
Regular Price: $9.50 Club Price: $7.50
Interested in the special pricing on these treats? Become a Treat of the Month Club member- it’s free! Just email us or mention it with your next order to sign up. Each month that you receive a delivery, the featured treat will automatically be added to your order. You’ll save a minimum of 10% each time, and treats are no more than $8.00.